Ok, so honestly one of the things I was most looking forward to when I was pregnant with my little boy was teaching him how to ski! I grew up skiing & it's one of my favorite things to do. Anyways, Jeff, Papa & I took him up early December for his first lesson & HE LOVED IT!!! I can't explain how much fun it was to experience this great sport through a 4 yr old's eyes...Here are some pictures & video of Brady's First Time Skiing!!
Signing him up for the lesson at Big Sky--even though it was a further drive than Bridger Bowl it was a better deal...we are soooo lucky to live in a skiing mecca!
Fortunately for the youngsters nowadays, instead of rope tows or T bars they have the "magic carpet rides!" They are basically a moving walkway up the bunny hill & are brilliant! Brady was really excited about riding it.
Since it was early December, it was basically a private lesson (just him and another little girl) Here he is with his instructor practicing moving around on skis...which is a challenge in itself!
His first run!!!!
After his lesson, we came in and had some hot chocolate & lunch!
After lunch we decided to test our luck & take him up the beginner's chairlift & run! Papa is the best skier I know...that is a fact! He even used to ski race as a young boy & was in the Junior Olympics. He taught all of us to ski & Jeff & I knew Brady was in good hands, needless to say!
Here is a picture of Brady & Papa on his first chairlift--sidenote: Mommy is literally panicked taking this picture but have since relaxed with her little boy on the chairlift! :)
Papa & Brady on an actual run! This is how I learned to ski...in between Dad's skis, holding onto the poles.
Two really good pals-apres ski!
Yes....this is where we live!! :)
Little buddy after his big day...he was really proud of himself & just smiled ear to ear.
Very, very proud Mama.




3 comments:
Way to go Brady!! I had no idea Papa Brad was in the junior olympics!! So cool!! Very cute pictures Al!
He is a pro already. How fun for everyone! The smile on his face says it all! Happy skiing! :)
Brady is a natural athlete so the fact that he did so great skiing is not surprising. I love that you guys honestly live in the most perfect place for little skiers. Great photos! Miss you guys.
Post a Comment