I think the word I used last year to describe (at the risk of sounding cheesy!) Christmas was "magical." Well, this year you could double that because Livvy was really into it & GOT it! The anticipation & excitement were pretty much over the top. Jeff & I were awoken by both kids coming into our room & climbing into bed whispering "It's Christmas morning!! WAKE UP!!" I loved that Brady woke his sister up before coming into our room & that they somehow resisted the urge to peek into the family room. Such sweeties.
Here is the picture I took of the kids coming down the hallway to check out what Santa brought! I wish you could see Liv's face too! The still pictures gave way shortly after this...we videoed a lot of the gift opening & just tried to be "present" for the next couple of hours & soak it all in. :)
Sometimes the wrapping & tape is a little more interesting! :)
One of the highlights of the weekend was that I was asked by my cousin, Gretchen, & her husband Christian to be their baby girl Lucy's Godmother! I have always hoped to be somebody's Godmother & was so honored. She is probably the sweetest little 3 month old I have ever been around & it was a pretty powerful thing holding her up there & making a promise to her parents & God to be a positive, faithful rolemodel in her life & to always, ALWAYS keep her in my prayers. I loved every second. Her baptism was at the 10 am service Christmas Day so after opening gifts & eating breakfast we headed there.
Kids were excited to get back & play with their new stuff! :)
After naps & playing at our house we headed to Nana & Papa's for Christmas Dinner. Uncle Dusty had cleared one of the front ponds off so we could do some ice skating & the kids got pulled around in the sled...they LOVED this!
It's funny to see a 6'5 guy gliding around effortlessly on skates--my brothers never cease to amaze me! :)
Gina has hardly ever skated so Dust was helping her around...I joked that I was getting a flash forward in 60 yrs!
The mountains looked gorgeous...just need a lot more snow!
I love this picture of my mom
Dusty giving Brady a tutorial on his world famous whipping cream :)
After dinner we headed up for a little Kinect dance game--it's a lot like Wii but there's no controls...the sensor just sees the people in front of it. It was HILARIOUS...the videos show some pretty incredible moves by Liv, Brady, Papa & Daddy.
Gina was a pro!
3 comments:
I love all the sledding pictures!!
I love to see all your pictures. Your parents house just amazes me every time I see their views. How beautiful! I LOVE your bangs, too!!! :)
Post a Comment