Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Brady & Daddy's Camping Trip

Jeff took Brady on a special father-son camping trip last weekend & they had an amazing time! They went up to Hyalite and were able to fit in a hike, fishing, eating around the campfire & hanging out in the tent (it rained for a bit.) Jeff took great photos of their adventure so I will do my best to narrate! :) My computer is toast so I am going to try & blog from my work laptop for a bit until we get a replacement...


A self portrait in the tent!






Thumbs up! Tent is set! Jeff said Brady was a huge help getting it set up...not as interested in taking it down on Sunday...:)


























Starting out on the hike to Palisade Falls~it was a perfect hike for a 3 1/2 yr old because it was relatively short & paved!










Getting closer!





































He thought this was really cool!!















Hot dogs for dinner





















...& smores of course!










It's good to note Brady's face got exponentially dirtier as the weekend went on...guess Daddy wasn't into wipes!



















Oatmeal with blueberries for breakfast




On Sunday they went fishing on Hyalite Creek & caught a fish! Brady is really getting into this fishing business~he's caught one up at the cabin, at Nana & Papa's & now camping! :) Like father, like son...







He likes to give them a kiss before he sends them back swimming in the river





As I said I will try my best to keep this blog up...I still have a ton of pictures from our multiple cabin weekends & our fun trip to Iowa on my defunct laptop...

4 comments:

Emily+Anthony said...

Um when did Brady get so BIG?! Holy cow!! What a fun camping trip! I am so sorry to hear that your laptop is on the fritz! Hopefully all of the pictures can be rescued!! Love and miss you friend!!

The Johnsons said...

Soooooooooooo CUTE!

Erin said...

Your boys are incredibly handsome Al - their smiles are kind of to die for :) Jeff is such an awesome dad.

Unknown said...

What a great camping trip! Can't wait to go fishing with the little man!