Our little boy turns 5 today & we can hardly believe it...I know it's a cliche' but it truly seems like yesterday we were in the hospital snuggling our little one, memorizing every feature and soaking up his newborn smell & soft skin. Brady has been such a blessing to us since day one. He is an incredibly loving, and KIND little boy & we are so proud of him. He is a wonderful big brother and he is a wonderful son. I love our lazy breakfasts and I love checking in on him every night before I go to bed and giving him a kiss while he's sleeping. He & Daddy are best buds & still love their epic wrestling matches, light saber wars & watching sports together! He adores his little sister and he takes very good care of his mama.
There have been a lot of "firsts" over this last year...he learned to swim, saw the ocean for the first time, and played on his first team in t-ball. He had his first surgery (tonsils, adenoids, tubes in), he learned to ski, and he enjoyed swimming in the lake at the cabin & had his first real Yellowstone adventure! It has been such a great year & has been so much fun watching him grow & transition from a toddler to a little boy.
I know that we aren't supposed to be sad when our babies grow up but I have tears streaming down my face just thinking about how fast these 5 years have gone. So many fun memories to be made in the years ahead but for today I'm reflecting on the last 5 perfect ones.
6 comments:
I'm all teary too after reading that - what an awesome post by an awesome mama!! And Happy 5th Birthday Brady!!
Happy Birthday Brady! You are about as perfect as they come! Hugs and kisses from Grammy & Grampy!
Happy Birthday Brady! So glad we got to spend some time with you at Thanksgiving! Have fun celebrating being 5!! Love, Uncle Craig and Aunt Shelly
Happy Birthday Brady!! Hope you are having a fantastic day!
Happy Bday B-man! Love you all very much!
EJ and JeneƩ and Gus
Your boy sounds like he is as sweet as they come! Happy Birthday to Brady! Oh and your lists of firsts this year...wow! Lots of great adventures!
Post a Comment