Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Liv's First Day of Skiing!!

Papa & I took Livvy up for her first day of skiing a couple Fridays ago and had such a great day.  She felt so special to have a Livvy Day & she absolutely LOVED her time on the slopes!  She had a lesson that ended up to be a private lesson in the morning & it really made her feel comfortable in her skis & on the snow.  The teacher was so good with her & she didn't stop smiling or giggling the whole time.  She's so tiny she was getting a whole lot of attention from other skiers because I think they thought she was younger than she is :)  

After her lesson was done, Papa & I took her up the big chairlift & on her first official run!  She was very comfortable up there & had a blast...Papa did most of the skiing with her between his skis & holding on to his poles & then he would pick her up on the steep parts as he did with Brady...this may have been her favorite part swooping down the mountain in Papa's arms...so cute.  He had a college kid at the bottom tell him in colorful language it was "The #%^$@ coolest thing I've ever seen, man!" :)  Dad & I both got a huge kick out of it.

Here she is in her lesson outfit




Showing Papa the magic carpet ride on the bunny hill


On her first chairlift ride!





Having a little Apre Ski time at lunch...pretty tired after a big day!


She basically refused to take her equipment off...a BIG Thank YOU to Nana & Papa for her gear!


Showing Daddy when she got home



This was her first time skiing!  You can hear her giggling...so cute



On the big run!

We have the kiddos signed up for 6 wk lessons starting in January at Moonlight Basin so lots more skiing pictures to come! :)

2 comments:

Marcy said...

Oh, how much fun for you guys! LOVE skiing with my boys!

Ellen Poortinga said...

Wow!! I'm so impressed she's skiing! I've still never done it and I'm almost 30 haha. Very cute pictures :)