Monday, September 7, 2009

Chicago! Pearl Jam!

Jeff & I went to Chicago at the end of August to belatedly celebrate our 7th Anniversary! We literally had one of the best trips EVER. We got to join up with The Holmquist family to celebrate the life of Uncle Mike Richter (Ramie's uncle, Jan's brother.) Mike & Pearl Jam bassist, Jeff Ament, were best friends from growing up in Big Sandy, MT & Jeff invited Mike's friends & family to come out to PJ's Chicago concert which was on Mike's birthday. It was incredibly emotional, but such a tribute to the person Mike was. At one point in the concert, Jeff A. had everyone in the United Center sing Happy Birthday for Mike.
They took 2 buses from Milwaukee & we met up with them in Chicago pre-concert. We had backstage passes & incredible seats! We entered the concert from the backstage & got to party with the band pre/post concert in this huge private bar in the United Center. INCREDIBLE. I could not have been more impressed with Jeff Ament. He was truly a class act & so generous...he even remembered me from when I played basketball at his house 10 years ago in Missoula! :) I think that impressed my hubby!
Oh~did I mention PJ is our favorite band?? It was truly a once-in-a-lifetime experience & we felt so grateful to be included.
Jeff & I had such a fun time in Chicago~it's one of my all-time favorite cities! We stayed right downtown at a cute hotel, ate great food & even got to see some good friends from Iowa that live an hour & a half from Chicago (The Paulsens & The Perkins) EJ came up for one night too so it was perfect! :)




This is a picture of two people having the time of their lives! :)
Walking into the concert from backstage

EDDIE!


Jeff Ament in the foreground





























Behind the scenes
The concert was awesome~so awesome that Jeff & I scalped tickets & went the next night too!








Ramie & I outside the United Center getting off our bus~we had a hoot together!










The poster being sold for that show was a picture of Uncle Mike in his Univ.Great Falls basketball uniform!











My Love












T-shirts we all had on~PLUS the backstage pass















The Holmquist Family & Jeff Ament







VIP bar/restaurant at the United Center



Jeff & I on the Magnificent Mile





At Bear & Bull where they had taps at every booth & a computer that kept track of the number of ounces you've drank...does 500 ounces for one booth sound like too much??!!! :)








EJ & Jeff





The Paulsens




Jeff, Andrew & Ben



EJ with the Iowa Boys! We were laughing because they all sport the exact same 'doo! :)




4 comments:

Erin said...

Al - what an amazing experience you got to have in Chicago and with PJ! That seriously sounds like the greatest concert ever - to be backstage with Eddie would have probably made me pass out. I'm so happy that you and Jeff were able to do this.

Emily+Anthony said...

UNREAL!!!! Can't wait to hear all the details!

The Johnsons said...

Looks like a great time!!

Marcy said...

Oh, I am so jealous. I am not even going to tell Brian...he would have died and gone to Heaven right there. You two are adorable! Glad you had such a great time. :)