In March we took both kids & met my folks on the Big Island! We stayed at the same condo & again it was such a wonderful vacation. It was soooo much fun to have Livvy with us this year and the kids were in heaven! Lots and lots of awesome memories made with Nana & Papa & it was such relaxed, quality time with them. It was truly the best vacation we've taken with the kids and we all had a total blast. We were there for 11 days and none of us wanted to leave! :) Here are a few of our trip highlights!
**Mega post...sorry!!**
- Liv saw the ocean for the first time! The first morning she was a little hesitant, but after that she was totally comfortable. She would put her water wings on and swim out and float for long periods of time just loving it. I just love watching our kids experience these big things for the first time...it's such a blessing to be a parent & re-live it through their eyes.
- My folks took us to a spot where we rented kayaks and kayaked with wild dolphins! At one point we were surrounded by about 20 of them swimming right by us-this was such an awesome experience! The only bummer was I didn't have my camera! :(
- We golfed 3 times on some beautiful courses! (Thanks for babysitting, Nana!)
- Jeff & I got a date night (A perk of traveling with grandparents!)
- Livvy Kay turned 3 and had the best pool party!
- Brady snorkeled almost every day and absolutely LOVED it!! Another one of those experiences that's so much fun to see through their eyes. Our beach has some of the best snorkeling-very clear with lots & lots of variety of fish & coral & is perfect because it gets deeper very gradually. To witness the shock when he first put his gear on and put his face under water & saw a whole new world under there, was pretty incredible. Nana, Papa, Jeff and I all got to snorkel quite a bit with him--we even snorkeled with several turtles within inches of us! It is one of the best memories I have with him so far after 5 1/2 years...so fun.
- Brady & Daddy mastered the waves again at Hapuna Beach and boogie boarded their buns off!
- The luau was the best we've seen & it blew Livvy's mind! She had never seen anything like that and loved watching the performance, even though it freaked her out a bit! :)
- Lots & lots of virgin strawberry daiquiris & pina coladas...:)
Bright & early at the airport!
Nana & Papa greeted us at the airport again with lei's
A little chipping contest behind our condo on the golf course. Nice swing, Liv!
1st day at the beach--burying Liv in the sand!
Swimming with Papa
Funny faces
Trying "hang loose!" :)
Liv's patented "pose"
I love this one...
Out for dinner & drinks!
Brady got to help light the tiki torches!
Liv's first banana split!
Our group!
Geckos were a huge hit again
Golf with Papa!
This is not where you are supposed to be on this hole but it was a cool shot...:)
Sometimes you have to play "telephone" at the table to pass the time!
Somehow the waitress found out it was going to be Liv's 3rd birthday so she got a little early bday celebration :)
My sweet girl
Sweet boy
Hapuna Beach time!
That pose again...:)
Luau!
Us girls soaking up some rays at the Hilton Waikoloa Village! :)
We were on our paddleboat taking a little tour of the lagoon!
Pure joy.
Oops! Back to the luau--Liv got a "tattoo!"
...and Brady learned to do the fire sticks!
& they took a little hula lesson!
This could possibly go on most awkward family photos.com...guess we didn't realize the huge hawaiian guy was behind us! :)
Liv needed 2 arms around her during the show...
Nana & Papa took the kids & I on a little adventure road trip around the island after Jeff left and it was a blast!
Dad & I played golf one day after Jeff left...we were not playing very well at all so we took our golf cart around the block & caught happy hour at Tommy Bahamas for a quick drink...the play was so slow we actually caught up with where we would have ended up. It was pretty hilarious & will be a story that is told many times...:)
I took the kids paddle boarding one day and they loved it--Brady & I even did a little whale watching while we were out there (from a distance!)
Livvy tried one of the boogie boards with a little mask in it & did some snorkeling with us one day!
Fun with the fountains one night
Rock, paper, scissors were a staple!
























4 comments:
Ah - makes me want to go soooo bad! I love the picutre. I love the picture of your Dad and Brady at the fountains - makes me smile.
Sorry, sometimes I stutter. Sometimes I stutter when I type.
Love all your beautiful pictures Ali!! Looks like you had so much fun!
Looks like a trip of a lifetime with the grandparents, too. I love all your pictures. I hope you guys paid the Princeville Course back for me for taking all my balls! It kicked my booty!!!
Post a Comment