Monday, July 4, 2011

Happy 4th of July!!

We had such a great weekend celebrating our country's Independance Day--aren't we lucky to live in the best country in the world?!  We headed up to my family's cabin on Canyon Ferry Lake & had such a fun group meet us up there this year!  The group included my parents, Dusty & Gina, Jenee on Sunday, The Elliot family, Wantulok family, & Eric & Kate Murphy.  Everyone had a great time & we could not have asked for better weather.  Here are some fun pictures of our time!


Family photo





Pretending the glowsticks were lightsabres!

Audrey (6 yrs) and Nora (4 yrs)

...And Norah's twin sister, Mia! :)  Holy cow the kids had such a blast together--it would not have been nearly as fun without them!

Liv and I tried to be twins for a night too!


Papa and Liv are such good buddies!


Papa taking Liv on a little tube float or attempting to at least!

Now THIS was the biggest hit of the weekend--Papa bought the Relaxation Station at Costco & we were on that bad boy all day!  I think Brady was on there more than anybody!  He & Audrey were having a blast swimming to & from the dock.

Heading out for a dip!


Catching some rays! :)


Swimming with my buddy

Kayaking with my buddy! :)

Even little Brekken got to experience the Relaxation Station with his daddy!


Audrey was teaching Liv some Tae Kwon Do moves and it was so darn cute!



Kate, Audrey & Mia listening to a little concert by Gina!


S'mores time!!


Mia and her mama, Erica

Me and my mama--and a sleepy-looking Livvy Kay!


Papa and Eric--solving the world's problems!


Ty, Dusty, Daddy & Brady getting ready to do a little fishing


Nana & Papa cooking everybody what dad calls a "Spartan Breakfast!"  Yummy!!

Sweet little Brekken with his daddy--Tara, his mommy, must have been too busy being a mommy because I didn't get any pictures of her! :(





Jeff and I slept outside on the deck under the stars--it was amazing!!  I want to sleep under the stars every night we are at the cabin because it was incredible...we didn't want to shut our eyes it was so beautiful & peaceful.  Had to capture the moment! :)


I hope everyone had a great holiday weekend & got a chance to reflect how lucky we all are to live in this great nation!  In the great words of Lee Greenwood: God Bless the U.S.A.!

2 comments:

Marcy said...

Oh, such fun times!!! I love the lake pictures! And...Livvy's hair is getting so long! :)

The Johnsons said...

Love Liv's braids!