Friday, July 29, 2011

Iowa Wedding=Good Times!

We went back mid-July for our good friends' Mike & Trista's wedding.  It was a beautiful wedding & not surprisingly, a whole lot of fun!!  We got a chance to see all of our favorite people in Iowa who we love & we also survived the crazy heat wave that was happening!  My parents took the kiddos up to the cabin for the weekend so that was very nice so Jeff and I could have a quick getaway.  Oh and I saw fireflies for the first time in my life which sort of blew my mind!! :)


The beautiful couple

 The Poortingas (due in early October!), The Weedins & The Thompsons (who were our hosts for the first night!)

Vinnie, Marc, Jeff & Kev



Very good buds

This shouldn't surprise anyone...he claims he only has one more "worm" to do in August but we'll see...:)  Here he is prepping...he would kill me if I posted the actual action shot! :)

The girls at rehearsal dinner!


The guys


We flew in and out of Minneapolis which was great because we got to spend some time with my dear friend, Beez (Sarah to others...:)) as well as some fun with the Thompsons which included an extremely HOT Twins game on Sunday...I honestly thought I was melting...the heat index at the stadium was 110 degrees...whoa.  But we got great tickets & were able to hydrate appropriately...:)




The new stadium is really cool plus they were playing Jeff's favorite team the Royals...hee hee...

My buddy & I



2 comments:

Marcy said...

So much fun!!! I LOVE your dress at the rehearsal dinner!!! And...does Marc really tuck his shirt into his underwear??? Ha! :)

Anonymous said...

Will our almost 36 year old son ever out-grow the WORM?? Fun times!!and great bunch of kids!...kinda thought the same thing on Marc's undies-u gotta luv that boy:) mama w