My dear friend, Emily, lost her father last week. Don was one of the warmest people I have met & I was lucky enough to spend quite a bit of quality time with him in July when she got married in New York. I am so glad that she got to share that special day with him & make those incredibly special memories during her wedding. He later told her it was the best week of his life & by the look of his smiling face & contagious laughter all week, I believe it. Our thoughts and prayers are with you, EM. I love ya.
The beautiful bride & her pops.


Don's Obituary
Donald James Ayers, of Snohomish, WA / Avon, NY, died suddenly on August 20, 2009, at age 57. He is survived by his wife of 34 years, Julie (Collins) Ayers; son, James, of Snohomish; and daughter, Emily (Anthony) Sagona, of Webster, NY.He was predeceased by his son, Joshua; and parents, Donald R. and Anna (Trubia) Ayers.Don was a dedicated composite specialist for Boeing, where he was employed for 30 years. Because of his work ethic and amazing way with people, Don was privileged to travel the world doing the work he loved, making lifelong friends all along the way. He will be remembered as a loving and proud husband, father, son and brother. Although an only child by birth, Don was absolutely adored by the many siblings he gained by marriage. He was an exceptional cook, a good neighbor and a genuine friend. The gentle ease of his humor, laughter and joy of life was instantly uplifting. Don will be deeply missed by all whose lives he graced, and especially by loyal canine companion, Nikki. Don is additionally survived by his stepmother, Mary Lou Ayers, of Henrietta, NY; mother-in-law, Dana Collins, of Avon, NY; several loving aunts, uncles, cousins, nieces, nephews and friends.
Here is a fun picture of Em & I & our friend, Kate after the wedding. I had an amazing time with Em & all of her friends & truly felt I made a whole new group of friends & felt so blessed that I was able to be a part of her & her wonderful fiance' Anthony's wedding day.

1 comment:
This is wonderful Al. I love you so much!
Post a Comment