I can honestly say this has been the best summer of my life. I know, I know that sounds a bit dramatic but it has! :) Here are some of the highlights of Weedin Family Summer: 2011
- Livvy is potty trained! We are still working on #2, but after 2 days of dare I say potty-training hell, something clicked & she's been a superstar ever since! With busy weekends of weddings, lake fun, camping, etc she has mastered the art of peeing in various bathrooms & sometimes even the great outdoors...which in my opinion is very important! :)
- Brady really became a good swimmer this summer. He is very, very comfortable in the water & can even swim across the pool width-wise on his own at Riverside. We are so proud of him!
- The kids and I spent as much time outdoors as possible every day...which meant lots of days at the pool, evenings golfing and going on bike rides with Daddy, and many hours logged in the backyard. We ate dinner outside every single chance we got!
- Brady learned that he LOVES fishing...it's definitely going to be something special he & Daddy will do together for the rest of their lives.
- We got to see & spend time with FAMILY! Between Dusty & Lez's weddings we were able to see lots of family from other places we don't get to see very often...PLUS we had to added bonus of welcoming two extremely special people in our families in Bryce & Gina. Plus PLUS we had one helluva good time at both weddings...in case the pictures weren't clear in showing that! :)
- I got to do some of my favorite things this summer & (sort of) feel like an athlete again...lots of golf, some waterski & even learned to wakeboard which was a blast...we also were reminded again that Mommy is still not very good at tennis...:(
- Liv slept in a tent for the first time AND shared a bed with her big brother on different trips (no pack 'n' play!) She is such a big girl!
- Jeff and I were able to get away and see our close Iowa/Minnesota friends & had a great trip together & reconnect with dear friends.
Next Post: Football Fun!
2 comments:
Sounds like the perfect summer to me! I swear that the people of Bozeman have more fun than anyone else :) Hence the reason I need a trip back during football season :) I'm already excited for your next post - I texted Jen on Saturday telling her that I was wishing I was with you two tailgating.
What a GREAT summer! Fun times!!
Post a Comment