Friday, September 2, 2011

Hiking the "M"

We decided on a whim today to go & hike the "M."  I haven't been up there in several years but Brady & I have talked about doing it all summer so we decided to give it a try on this beautiful day!  Liv hiked with us for a little bit, then hopped into the backpack & rode with me--Brady did such an awesome job of hiking the whole way--he & Sonny were our "trail guides" and he was really proud of himself that he did it!  This mama hasn't exercised since early spring so it was quite the jolt but I am so glad we did it!  We are really trying to enjoy every last minute of summertime fun!



At the beginning of the trail


Off he goes!


So funny to try & take photos of 2 toddlers & a dog...enjoy the sequence!




My big girl!


Brady & Sonny at the top...Sonny's tongue got longer & longer as the hike went on
These two love each other.


Brady wanted one of the rocks that make up the M


Group shot


The hike goes around to the left through the trees--we accidentally got off on a "shortcut" steep decent on the way down for about 10 minutes before we got back on the main trail... which was partly hilarious & partly scary...I swear Brady has re-told the story about 15 times this afternoon alone! :)




No comments: